The Student News Site of Central Oregon Community College

The Broadside

The Broadside

The Broadside

The Broadside’s small/local business gift guide

Graphic by Miina McCown

When it comes to gift-giving, supporting small businesses adds an extra layer of thoughtfulness and uniqueness to your presents. Whether your recipient is a dog lover, a coffee enthusiast or someone who enjoys the cozy comforts of home, this local small business gift guide has you covered.

1. For the dog lover: RuffWear

From durable and waterproof collars to insulated dog jackets, RuffWear’s dog accessories are the perfect way to pamper the canine in your life. Whether snowshoeing or taking a chilly walk downtown, RuffWear provides high-quality gear that ensures your four-legged friend is always ready for the next outdoor escapade.

2. For the self care enthusiast: Wick Forest Candle Co

Elevate the home of your loved one with candles from Wick Forest Candle Co. Hand-poured in Central Oregon, this small business offers scents from “River Woods” to “Summer Rain” that evoke relaxation and ambiance, making them the perfect addition to any home.

3. For the flower lover: Flowers By Eryn Subscription

Bring the beauty of the Central Oregon outdoors inside with a flower subscription from Flowers By Eryn. Surprise your recipient with vibrant blossoms weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly, adding a touch of nature to their home. Flowers By Eryn’s in-person location can be visited at 635 NW Colorado Ave for fresh flowers Tuesday through Saturday.

4. For the fashionably cozy: Ruby Blue Knits

Gift the warmth and style of handmade knitwear from Ruby Blue Knits. These cozy crocheted scarves and trendy beanies combine fashion and function, ensuring your loved one stays both stylish and warm during the colder months.

5. For the tea aficionado: Metolius Tea

From soothing herbal infusions to invigorating black teas, Metolius Tea ensures a tea-drinking experience that is both unique and comforting. A woman founded company, they specialize in loose leaf tea, tea lattes, and iced tea sachets. They are also well known and loved for their equally sweet and spicy chai. Tea’s can be ordered for delivery online, or shop in person at Newport Avenue Market.