Recipe: Easy Instant Pot cranberry sauce
Marcela Irribarren/The Broadside
Thanksgiving is this week and I wanted to share a recipe that is very easy and only needs 6 simple ingredients. This recipe is one that I have used for a few years now and it always comes in handy for Thanksgiving and “Friendsgiving” gatherings because of how easy, inexpensive, and quick it is to make. Cranberry sauce is an old favorite that will go well at any Thanksgiving dinner and for anyone to enjoy!
Easy Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce Recipe:
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 1 min
Total time: 6 mins
Yield: about 2 cups
Double the ingredients for a larger crowd
24 oz. of cranberries (fresh preferred)
½ cup of spiced apple cider
1 cinnamon stick
2 tbsp of maple syrup
1 cup of sugar
- Add spiced apple cider and 20 oz. of fresh cranberries into pot
- Drizzle maple syrup on top and put the cinnamon stick in the middle.
- Close lid and steam valve and set to high pressure for 1 minute.
- Allow to naturally release for 3 mins.
- Release the rest of the steam and lift the lid making sure water/steam on the inside of the lid doesn’t dump into the mixture.
- Turn the pot off and then set it to saute, normal.
- Sprinkle in the last 4oz. of fresh cranberries, cup of sugar, and orange zest, stir.
- Allow to bubble for about 1-2 minutes, stirring until a few of the fresh cranberries start to make popping sounds (you will literally hear them start popping open).
- When you hear 3-4 pops, turn the Instant Pot off and allow it to continue to bubble and thicken the cranberry sauce as it cools down and sits.
- Serve immediately or let it sit and thicken more before serving.
Hope you and your family and friends enjoy this recipe and Happy Thanksgiving!
The Typical Mom