Sarah Lightley/ The Broadside
Due to COVID 19, this year’s Duck Race will not be a race at all. Instead, it’s going to being held as a raffle. You can go to the Bend Duck Race website and buy tickets online. Every ticket sold on the website https://www.theduckrace.com will be automatically entered into the raffle.
One ticket: $5, A five pack: $25, A ten pack: $50, A twenty pack: $100.
The raffle will end on September 13th. Winners will be randomly selected as a lottery drawing. Those that win will be notified by telephone, email, or in the media. There will be 10 winners and the prizes will vary. Here are just a few of the awards:
- 5,000 dollars, sponsor “Credit Unions Working Together”
- Saxons ½ carat signature diamond earrings, sponsor Saxon’s Fine Jewelers
- Traeger pro series, sponsor Miller Lumber
- Big Mountain Helicopter Tour, sponsor Cascade Insurance Center
- A 12-month membership to Body Brite
- Old Mill bucks: $500, sponsor Zivney Financial Group
- Two nights at a Camp Sherman cabin, sponsor J Bar J
- DD Ranch gift certificate: $500, sponsor RBC Wealth Management
- Amazon gift card: $400, sponsor PacificSource Health Plans
- Red Carpet Car Wash 1 yr. Pass, sponsor Pennbrook Company
This year’s proceeds will be going to seven local non-profits. You will be able to pick the non-profit you want your raffle ticket funds to go towards. Here are just a few that you can choose from:
- J Bar J Youth Services
- Boys and Girls Club of Bend
- Central Oregon Veterans Outreach
- Family Access Network (FAN)
- Gift of Literacy
- Mountain Star
- Volunteers in Medicine
Even though the gathering at Drake Park is not happening this year, the ticket sales’ money will be going to a great cause!