Operation Don’t Go Broke is devoted to bringing readers helpful tips on ways to save in college.
Getting out is a great way to recharge and get your mind off school, but having a night life can get expensive.
These tips are for going out without breaking the bank:
- Hit “Happy Hour.”
- Split an appetizer.
- Order what’s on special.
- Share a pitcher.
- Split the tip.
- Take advantage of student discounts.
- Load up on free chips and salsa.
- Make it a lunch date.
- Stick to well or “house” drinks and beers on tap.
- Share a dessert.
ODGB’s Central Oregon Dining Guide
- Hola ‘s “Happy Hour”
Share a plate of braised pork nachos and a pitcher of margaritas.
- Baldy’s Barbeque
Split a rack of baby back ribs and wash it down with a draft root beer.
- Cascade Lakes Taco Tuesday
A taco and a microbrew is the perfect end to any Tuesday.
- Broken Top Bottle Shop and Ale cafe
Sample microbrews and receive 10 percent off with your ASCOCC student discount card during their student happy hour.
- Pizza Mondo: Head downtown for a slice of maybe the best pizza in Central Oregon.
- Chan’s: Try “Mother’s Chicken.” They serve huge portions and lunch specials for only $5.95.
Split a plate of “Dirty Fries” and enjoy “well drinks” for $3 during Happy Hour.
Satisfy your burger and fries craving for under $10.
Second year COCC nursing student Anna Quesenberry is a wife and mother of two who is passionate about saving money.