COCC’s Spanish Language Summer Immersion returns
Central Oregon Community College (COCC) is set to host the Central Oregon Summer Spanish Immersion language and cultural program. The immersion program hasn’t been hosted in-person in two-years due to the pandemic. To be a part of this opportunity you must be at least 16 years of age, states COCC’s website.
The program will begin Tuesday June 21 at 8 a.m. and end Friday June 24, at 5 p.m. It will be held on COCC’s Redmond campus in the Technology Education Center.
It costs $599 to be a part of this summer program. Payment is due at the time of registration. If an employer or third party is paying for the cost of the program, the check or PO should be made out to COCC Community Education.
There will be Spanish instruction, Spanish culture, and Spanish interaction during those fours days. The program also includes:
- 8 hours of Spanish instruction and facilitated conversation group activities (Four blended levels ranging from beginning to superior)
- Up to 8 hours of Spanish-Culture Breakout/Electivo Sessions
- 4 hours of facilitated conversation groups
There will also be happy hour activities which include:
- Tuesday – No-host meet & greet at Wild Ride Brewing
- Wednesday – Film screening and discussion
- Thursday – Dreaming of Travel presentation and discussion
- Friday – Cata de Vinos: Wines of Spain and Aperitivos – Pre-registration is required. Must be 21+
For more information about the event or to register go to the following link; Central Oregon Summer Spanish Immersion (COSSI) – Central Oregon Community College (cocc.edu). You can also call the number, 541-383-7240 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anyone who needs transportation due to physical or mobility disability should contact Caitlyn Gardner at 541-383-7237. Anyone who needs any accommodations due to another disability should contact disability services at 541-383-7583.