Campus safety to schedule fire alarm drills
Marcela Irribarren/ The Broadside
COCC’s Campus Safety is scheduling a set of fire alarm drills at 11 buildings at the Bend campus and one building on the Redmond campus. The drills are scheduled for April 6, 7 and 8.
Fire alarm drills are performed to better prepare students and faculty and provide education experience in case of any emergency on campus.
During the drills, Campus Safety asks that you please do the following:
- Quickly gather your belongings
- Leave your classroom/workplace
- Walk to the nearest exit and leave the building
- Walk to the designated assembly area (volunteers and Campus Safety will direct you)
- When the drill ends, return to your classroom/workplace or other activity
- Drills should last no longer than 15 minutes
The schedule of the fire drills will depend on the building location and day. At the Bend campus on Wednesday, the drills will be begin with the Culinary building at 8:30 a.m., Manzama building at 10 a.m., Pence building at 11 a.m., and the Ponderosa building at 1 p.m.
On Thursday, the drills will begin with the Science building at 10 a.m., Barber Library at 11 a.m., and Wickiup Residence Hall at noon. Redmond Technology building is the only building at the Redmond campus and the drills will occur at 1:30 p.m.
On Friday, The Cascades building will begin the drills at 8:30 a.m., Grandview at 10 a.m., Campus Center at 11 a.m., and the Health building at noon.