The sun is shining, the birds are chirping and everytime you go outside you sneeze so much that your eyes bulge out. That can only mean one thing: spring is here!
Spring Break is the time of year when we get to leave the sanctity of school and forget what we learned for a whole week. For some, that means going back home and seeing those we missed for others it means going away to a beach somewhere and get so smashed that you forget your own name.
Read on for tips to make this spring break memorable without making decisions that will haunt you for the rest of your life.
- Plan ahead: If your going away for spring break, go with a plan of the activities and things you will do while there. Do your research into the facility and its past history. If your going out of the country be sure to go with a group and stay with them throughout the trip.
- Staying behind ain’t so bad: If you’re staying local during the break, it doesn’t have to mean sitting around. Find other friends that are staying around and plan a weekend bash at the lake or down the river at the Old Mill or even Tumalo. Toss in a barbeque and that can be your own version of spring break.
- Think of others: If you’re really not up to doing anything extravagant, think about volunteering. During spring break there are a lot of community organizations that would love to have you help out. That can also beef up your resume for when it comes to applying for transfer schools and scholarships.
- Hydration is essential: If your going away and find yourself getting some rays, or hitting the slopes or even find yourself at a party remember hydration is essential. you’ll thank me in the morning when you avoid a killer headache.
- Be smart: Making memories is not the same as making regrets. Don’t do something you wouldn’t normally do. If it’s too embarrassing to talk about with your friends you should stay away from it.
Spring Break is a special time in every college students life. It’s up to you to set the standard of how it will be remembered and if you’ll regret your choices five years from now.
Until next time remember to: Treat Yo Self!
Now, for the fifth entry in the series of Guy-code and Girl-code, The guide to Today’s Young People:
#5 Under NO circumstances is it okay for two men to share a tiny umbrella. #GUYCODE
#5 Best friends are there for you like a pair of your favorite Prada heels – without question — and they always make you feel hair-flipping fabulous. #GIRLCODE
Now fellow Bobcats, if you have any suggestions for the next issue of Students How to guide for everything, Or if you have any tips please send me an email, until next time keep it classy.
Brayan Gonzalez | The Broadside